State Housing Initiatives Partnership (SHIP)
Lee County’s SHIP program provides funding to local not-for-profit housing development agencies and to the Department of Human and Veteran Services for the production, preservation and rehabilitation of affordable housing. The program was designed to serve very low, low and moderate income families. For more information concerning SHIP email SHIPhousing@leegov.com.
2022/2023 HHRP/SHIP Funding 2nd Allocation
The total funding available for the 2nd Allocation of FY 2022/2023 HHRP/SHIP is $6,693,666.
SHIP-DR Homeowner Insurance Deductible Assistance
Florida Housing Finance Corporation awarded Lee County funding to help residents impacted by Hurricane Ian pay their home insurance deductibles.
- The home must be located in Lee County. If you are a resident of Cape Coral you may inquire about their program at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The home must be the owner's primary residence, as documented by Homestead Exemption status.
- The maximum amount of assistance will be $10,000 and is dependent upon proof of a homeowner's insurance policy showing the deductible amount.
- All Lee County taxes on the property must be current.
- If awarded assistance, payments will be made to the contractor hired to fix the damage once all inspections have passed, the permit is closed, and the Certificate of Compliance is issued. Payments will not be made directly to the applicant. (Note: Contractors must be licensed and insured)
- Income eligibility restrictions apply. The household annual income cannot exceed 120% of the Area Median Income (AMI), as listed below. Priority will be given to applicants who are very-low income (50% AMI) and/or Special Needs households.
- Other restrictions may apply.
How to Apply
Application forms are available here or are available for pick-up between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. at the Community Development/Public Works building located at 1500 Monroe St, 2nd floor, Downtown Fort Myers.
application must be competed in it’s entirely, signed, dated and notarized
A completed application package must include the following:
- Completed Application, which includes: (Application must be signed)
- Acknowledgement of Lee County Community Development SHIP Policies (must be signed)
- Special Needs Support Paperwork (if applicable)
- Authorization for the Release of Information (must be signed)
- Duplication of Disaster Benefits Affidavit (must be signed & notarized)
- Disaster Self-Certification of Income Form - Must be completed by each adult household member (must be signed & witnessed/notarized)
- Affidavit of Insurance Disaster Recovery (must be signed)
- FEMA Consent Form (must be signed)
- Supporting Documents, including:
- Copy of Driver's License (or State ID) for all household members age 18 or older.
- Copy of Birth Certificates for all household members under the age of 18.
- Copy of Benefits Letter dated with in the last 120 days, for all household members who receive one of the following: (Note: 1099 forms are not acceptable)
- Social Security
- Long Term Disability
- Paystubs from the most recent past two (2) months for all employed household members. (Note: Self-Employed persons must submit the last two (2) years tax returns)
- Most current bank statements for all household members who have a Checking or Savings account, 401(k), Pension, IRA, or Investment Account. All pages are required.
- Proof of FEMA Application filing and result.
- Copy of your Homeowner's Insurance Declaration page that shows your homeowner's insurance deductible and payment instructions.
- Proof of insurance claim OR copy of settlement, if received from insurance.
- Copy of estimate, contract, license, and invoice from Contractor that will be doing the work on the home. (Note: Vendor information from the Contractor will be required for payment)
Once the application is fully completed, you may email it to SHIPHousing@leegov.com (Include "Last Name, First Initial, Disaster Assistance" in the subject line).
If you are unable to return all of this information by email, you may drop the completed application package off to our office at the Community Development/Public Works building located at 1500 Monroe St, 2nd floor, Downtown Fort Myers.
Please keep in mind that we will
not be able to make copies of your documents
What happens after Applying?
Funds are awarded on a first-eligible, first served basis.
You will be notified by mail or email as to one of the following:
- Additional information or documents are needed.
- You are eligible for the program and what will happen next.
- You are ineligible for the program, including the reason(s) why.
Other Assistance Resources
The United Way connects people who need assistance with a large network of non-profits and agencies. 211 is a United Way program that provides free information and referral to human/social service agencies within Lee, Hendry, and Glades Counties. To speak with a Community Resource Specialist please dial 2-1-1 or 239-433-3900.
For more information concerning SHIP, call 239-533-8585.