Eight Branches Are Open
Eight libraries are open with limited building capacities, hours and services.
- Self-service options include contactless self check-out, curbside holds pickup, and copy, scan and print stations.
- Computer usage is limited to two hours per person, per day.
- Meeting spaces, study rooms, general seating and other gathering spaces are unavailable.
- Patrons are expected to follow the CDC’s social distancing guidelines of staying 6 feet apart from others that are not in your party. Face covering are recommended, but not required.
- Building capacities are limited to 50%.
- Hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes for computers are available.
- Buildings are cleaned and disinfected throughout the day following CDC guidelines.
Please see details on the reopening.
Also, during this time:
Need Help? Staff are available to answer any questions you may have.
- All branch locations are offering contactless curbside holds pickup. See more details on contactless holds pickup.
- Due dates and library card expiration dates have been extended.
- Exterior book drops are open. Please no donations.
All service updates are made in alignment with the Florida Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control's recommendation for social distancing.
See more Lee County Information on COVID-19 >
Summer Reading is Here!
The Imagine Your Story Summer Reading Program is designed to spark curiosity and encourage a life-long love of reading and learning with virtual programs, activities, weekly missions, reading challenges, games, and more.
Learn more about Summer Reading!
While our branches are closed
we are always open online.
We have digital books, audio, video, magazines, and databases filled with facts and information.
It is a great time to have a Lee County Library Card! If you don't have one, you can
get a temporary card by registering online now.
Use the Online Library Now!
Stay At Home Storytime
It’s no secret that we miss singing, dancing and reading with our storytime families!
We post new storytimes every Wednesday at 10 a.m. on YouTube and share on Facebook. Come by anytime and see a Stay At Home Storytime, where we will share recordings of our favorite rhymes, books and songs.
Pass it on!
Visit Our Facebook Page
Visit Our YouTube Channel
Subscribe to our Events & Programs Newsletter
Each month you will get information about events, programs, activities and resources at your local branch, delivered directly to your inbox!