Lee County Utilities does not call customers soliciting a
NOTICE TO LEE COUNTY UTILITIES CUSTOMERS
County Utilities will be temporarily converting its disinfectant
process from chloramines to free chlorine residual from May 1 through
May 21, 2023.
This is a routine measure that is typical for water utilities using chloramines as its primary disinfectant.
who uses a kidney dialysis machine at home should contact his or her
equipment supplier so the proper filtering equipment may be installed.
fish or aquatic animal owners should contact a local tropical fish
store for appropriate pretreatment of water before adding water to
Customers may notice a temporary change in the taste, odor, and color of the water, which is not harmful.
Again, this is a routine measure to ensure our customers of clean, safe potable water.
Please feel free to contact our office during regular business hours, 8am to 4:30pm at 239-533-8845, if you have any questions.
Lee County Utilities Demo Form/Approval Letter
The following process is for an "Approval Letter" required with Demo Permits:
- Complete Lee County Utilities Demo Form for demos within Lee County Utilities Service Areas.
- Submit completed form via email to LCUNewInstalls@leegov.com.
- After form is signed by LCU New Installs, submit signed form with your demo permit as the required "Approval Letter from Lee County Utilities".
- If signed as "LCU Sewer", follow instructions on form to have the sewer inspected.
- If signed as "Not LCU Sewer", there are no additional requirements from Lee County Utilities.
Water Utility Assistance for Low-Income Households
The Lee Board of County Commissioners accepted about $2.8 million from the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity for the Low Income Home Water Assistance Program to assist households with water and wastewater costs.
The funds will be used through September 2023 to assist households countywide to prevent disconnection of service. The program will help with past-due water and/or wastewater bills for households with an income at or below 150% of the federal poverty level.
People can apply in two ways:
- Online: Go to
www.leegov.com/dhs/assistance/financial. Submit electronic applications during normal hours of operation, between 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM on WEEKDAYS only.
- Paper applications: Pick up at Lee County Human & Veteran Services, 2440 Thompson St., Fort Myers, FL 33901. Weather-proof bins on the building's exterior hold the applications, and a secured drop-box is there for those who would like to return applications without having to mail them. Also available to pick up at the Lee County Utilities Customer Service Center drive thru, 7391 College Pkwy., Fort Myers, FL 33907.