When Can I Water?
(ending in 1,3,5,7,9)
|Wednesdays and/or Saturdays||Midnight to 9 a.m. and/or
5 p.m. to midnight
(ending in 0,2,4,6,8); or
|Thursdays and/or Sundays||Midnight to 9 a.m. and/or
5 p.m. to midnight
How Do I Report a Watering Violation?
- Residents of unincorporated Lee County should call 239-533-8845.
- Residents within the City of Cape Coral, City of Bonita Springs, City of Sanibel and Captiva Island, City of Fort Myers or the Town of Fort Myers Beach should contact their local law enforcement or code enforcement to report watering violations.
Watering Restriction Exceptions
Additional watering for up to 60 days is allowed for the installation of new lawns and landscaping.
The following conditions apply:
Day of Install|
Soil irrigation is allowed immediately prior to planting. New plantings and soil may be irrigated once without regard to watering days/times.
|May be watered on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and/or Sunday -- only before 9 a.m. and/or after 5 p.m.|
|May be watered on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday -- only before 9 a.m. and/or after 5 p.m.|
Watering May Be Conducted At Any Time If...
- Irrigating using reclaimed water, rain harvesting systems and various low-volume methods (such as micro-irrigation, container watering and hand watering using a hose with an automatic shut-off nozzle).
- Pressure washing outdoor buildings or structures.
- Washing vehicles and boats using a hose with an automatic shut-off nozzle. If possible, please wash where the water will flow onto soil or grass.
South Florida Water Management District publishes restrictions that may differ from LCU's, any restrictions or other measures declared pursuant to Chapter 40E-21 or related Board or Executive Director orders which are more restrictive than a measure contained within Chapter 40E-24 F.A.C. shall supersede for the duration of the applicable water shortage declaration.