|Meeting Schedule: Fourth Monday of the month
Meeting Time: 9:00 a.m.
Meeting Location: Administration East Building (Room 118), 2201 Second St.
Contact: Janet Miller, 239-533-8583
This is a 7-member resident advisory board
whose members have the responsibility to propose and review changes to the Comprehensive Plan (Lee Plan) and to regulations that affect the use of land. The LPA makes recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners. The general responsibilities are:
- To prepare the Lee Plan and make recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners concerning adoption.
- To conduct a public hearing prior to the recommendation to the Board of County Commissioners for the adoption or amendment of the Lee Plan or any element of the plan.
- To monitor and oversee the effectiveness and status of the Lee Plan and make recommendations for amendments to the Lee Plan that may be required from time to time.
- To evaluate and appraise the Lee Plan and prepare reports as required by Chapter 163.3191, Florida Statutes.
- To review land development regulations, codes and amendments and make recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners as to the consistency of the proposal to the adopted plan.
Click on the calendar below to view meeting agendas and backup.
DCD Public Hearing & Committee Meeting Agendas are available
through our online calendar. Agendas are normally available approximately one week prior to the meeting date.
Looking for agendas or minutes from previous meetings?