Section 427.011(1), F.S. defines "transportation disadvantaged" as:
Those persons who because of physical or mental disability, income status, or age are unable to transport themselves or to purchase transportation and are, therefore, dependent upon others to obtain access to health care, employment, shopping, social activities, or other life-sustaining activities, or children who are handicapped or high-risk or at-risk as defined in s. 411.202, F.S.
TD Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility screening is, at minimum, a TWO-STEP PROCESS.
STEP 1: Determine if the person is unable to transport his/herself or STEP 2: Determine if the person is unable to purchase transportation. Annual household income must meet a minimum of 150% of the current Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Proof of household income is required for all TD applicants. Self-declaration is not allowed.
Acceptable types of proof of income include:
|Current tax return||Unemployment compensation income verification|
|Child support letter||Social security income letter (SSA, SSI, SSDI)|
|Minimum of two (2) employer pay stubs from past two months||Retirement/pension statement (includes VA)|
- The origin or destination of the trip must be located outside of the ¾ mile ADA corridor. TD Service is provided 7 days a week from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Reservations must be scheduled two (2) days in advance.
- This program does not allow/transport for a guest.
- Passengers may be required to be ready 120 minutes prior to pick-up time.
TD Service Complaints:
Florida Commission for the Transportation Disadvantaged Ombudsman Hotline
- Telephone Number: 1 (800) 983-2435 or (850) 410-5700
- Hearing & Speech Impaired: Call 711 (Florida Only) Florida Relay System
- Email: CTDOmbudsman@dot.state.fl.us
- Mailing Address: 605 Suwannee Street, MS-49, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0450
Lee County Transit - LeeTran
3401 Metro Parkway
Fort Myers, FL 33901