How Do I Become Eligible for ADA Service?
Disability alone does not confer or create eligibility for Paratransit service. To be eligible for ADA service, a disability must prevent the use of LeeTran's fixed route bus service and the origin and destination of your trip must be within 3/4 (three-quarters) of a mile of a fixed route. Origins and destinations outside of this service area are not eligible.
How Do I Become Eligible for TD Service?
- Your trip origin or destination must reside outside the ADA corridor but within Lee County; and
- You have a physical or mental disability, income status, or age; that prevents you to transport yourself or purchase transportation.
Is Your Address Eligible for Service?
Use the interactive map to find out whether your address falls within the 3/4-mile corridor and is eligible for service. The corridor is outlined in blue; click on the search icon, enter an address, and a pop-up will tell you whether it is within the service area.
Categories of Service
There are three categories under which a person can be eligible for ADA paratransit service:
- Category 1: Eligibility includes those persons who, because of their disability, cannot independently use a regular, accessible bus.
- Category 2: Eligibility is based on the accessibility of vehicles and terminals/stops (for example, a person is able to use the regular bus, but it is not accessible).
- Category 3: Eligibility pertains to situations in which a person cannot travel independently to or from a bus stop.
A person can be given "conditional" eligibility for ADA paratransit service if they are able to use the bus under certain conditions, but not others; in those situations, eligibility will be determined according to a particular set of circumstances or conditions which pertain to a person's disability.
If you are approved for ADA service, you will receive an approval letter along with an ADA identification card. This card can be shown to other transit agencies identifying you as ADA eligible. If you lose your I.D. card, you may get a replacement at the Rosa Parks Transportation Center, 2250 Widman Way in downtown Fort Myers. The cost is $1.00.
Visitors who are eligible for ADA service in other cities and have documentation may use the Passport service during their visit to Lee County. Visitors who do not have documentation of ADA eligibility from another transit agency, but can provide documentation of a disability, may be eligible to use the service for up to twenty-one (21) days.
How to Apply
For additional information and to begin the application process, please call the LeeTran Passport Office at 239-533-0300 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Passport Application Form.pdf
Medical Certification Form.pdf