Address: 5560 Zip Dr., Fort Myers, FL. 33905 View Map
Hours: Mon - Fri 7 a.m.-5 p.m.
The Lee County Department of Transportation (DOT) Operations Division provides maintenance services for designated Lee County roads, bridges and canals. Those not maintained by Lee County are maintained by the Florida DOT, one of the municipalities, or by private owners. Find out if your road is maintained by Lee County DOT. Please note, the county maintained road lookup link does not work with Internet Explorer Browser, use Chrome, Fire Fox or Edge. Call 239-533-9400 if you have questions regarding maintenance responsibilities for a bridge or canal.
- Pavement repair, shoulder work, street sweeping, litter and debris pickup and minor roadway paving
- Landscape maintenance, irrigation system maintenance, mowing, and sight distance problems
- Roadside drainage maintenance
- Large dead animal removal (those that are obstructing the roadway or a safety hazard to drivers)
- Guardrail, handrail, and barrier wall maintenance
- Sidewalk and bike path repair
- Repairs and inspection
- Tender operations (opening and closing draw bridges)
- Permits for overweight or over-sized vehicles
- Dredging, erosion control and unwanted vegetation spraying
- Maintenance road mowing and access gate repairs
- Weir maintenance and control
- Note that canals are maintained primarily for the flow of storm water, not for aesthetic reasons.
- The Lee County DOT does not maintain navigable canals (those used for boating).