PermitExtensionRequest.pdfPermitting and Inspections

Phone:   239-533-9300
Fax:       239-533-9340
Address: 5642 Enterprise Pkwy., Fort Myers, FL 33905 View Map

Request an Inspection

Right of Way Use Permits

Right of Way Use Permits ensure that work performed in a county right of way or easement is done safely and meets design standards and regulations. The goal is to protect the users of the rights of way and preserve the county's infrastructure. For more information on working within Lee County Right of Way, please check out our Administrative Code AC 11-12

There are three types of Right of Way Use Permits:   

  • Commercial Right of Way Permit
  • Residential Driveway Permit
  • Small Cell Permit

Commercial Right of Way Use Permit

Licensed contractors performing work for new or existing businesses in county rights of way or easements must apply for a Commercial Right of Way Use Permit.

You will need a Commercial Right of Way Permit if you are:   Click here to go to Commercial Right of Way Use Permit Page

  • Building new construction that connects to a county road or easement
  • Upgrading entrances
  • Adding water or sewer tie-ins
  • Installing communication services
  • Installing water or sewer services
  • Widening a road for turn lanes
  • Installing sidewalks
  • Improving drainage


Residential Driveway Permit

Residential Driveway Permits are needed for improvements (other than mowing) to residential property done within the right of way of a county-maintained road. Find out if you live on a County-maintained roadThe county maintained road link does not work with Internet Explorer.  Please use Chrome, Fire Fox or Edge.

Click here to go to Residential Driveway Permitting Page
You will need a Residential Driveway Permit if you are: 

  • Installing a driveway to a new or existing home
  • Upgrading an existing driveway
  • Improving the right of way
  • Adding another driveway to residential property

Request an Inspection

Permit Extension Request

Permit Completion Request

 Small Cell Permit

Public or private entities seeking to construct, place, install, maintain or operate a communications facility in the County right of way will need a Small Cell PermitThis link will help you find out if a road is County-maintainedPlease use Chrome, Fire Fox or Edge.  It does not work with Internet Explorer browser.