With you in mind, LeeTran has equipped all buses with
easy-to-use bicycle racks to keep you moving around Lee County, free and easy!
By combining wheel power, you’ll go farther, faster, while helping to shape up
the environment as well as yourself. And your bus fare is the same. Each rack
holds two or three bikes. They can easily
accommodate most wheel and frame sizes. If the rack is full, wait for the next
Check out our brochure and keep it as a handy guide for your
Bike ‘n’ Bus travels. It shows you the simple steps to load and unload your
Bike 'N' Bus Brochure
How to Load Your Bike
- As the bus approaches, have your bike ready to load; remove any items that could fall off (bike pump, water bottle, etc.) Always approach the bus from the curb side.
- Tell the bus driver that you are loading a bike.
- Load from the front of the bus -- DO NOT step into oncoming traffic.
- Children 10 and younger must be accompanied by an adult to load and unload bikes.
- Motorized bikes are not allowed.
- We cannot carry bicycles with child seats, large carriers or baskets, or any other attachment that will interfere with the driver's visibility.
- Squeeze center handle to release the latch and pull forward and down to lower the bike rack.
- Lift bike onto the rack, putting the front and rear wheels in the marked slots. Please load the rack nearest the bus first. The front wheel of the bike closest to the bus should face curbside. The front wheel of the second bicycle must face in the opposite direction. You can load/unload the rack nearest the bus without unloading the bike in front.
- Raise the spring-loaded support arm as far up on the front wheel as you can, making sure it is resting on your front tire, not on the fender or frame.
How to Unload Your Bike
Tell the driver you need to unload your bike and use the front door to exit the bus.
- Raise the support arm off the tire. The support arm automatically folds down to a secure position. Lift out your bike. Watch for oncoming traffic!
- Please fold up the rack if it is empty. Squeeze the handle and lift, and it will automatically lock in place.
- Step off the street until the bus passes. Do not cross in front of the bus.
Some foldable bikes may be permitted on board the bus. They must be certified by LeeTran before they can be brought on board. Please bring your foldable bike to the Rosa Parks Transportation Center, 2250 Widman Way, Fort Myers, and it will be inspected at no charge. If approved, a sticker will be placed on the bike permitting you to bring it on board.
The Rosa Parks Transportation Center is open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, and from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.