I am already retired. I/my spouse will be going on Medicare soon. What do I need to do?

If you are already retired, you must enroll in Medicare Parts A&B as soon as you are eligible. Medicare eligibility is the 1st of the month in which a person turns 65; or, after two years of disability.
Board of County Commissioners employees hired prior to January 1, 2008, who retire and are Medicare Part B entitled, will pay a medical premium reduced by the amount of the monthly Medicare Part B premium. It is the responsibility of the retiree to notify the Lee County Benefits Unit, and furnish a copy of the Medicare card. Premium reduction will be effective the first of the month following receipt of the Medicare card.
The continuation of this reduction in premium is subject to future Board action. The County will pay secondary to
Medicare whether or not the retiree chooses to take Medicare Part B.

I am retired and want to terminate my insurance coverage with Lee County. What do I have to do?

Like active employees, retirees must have a qualifying event in order to terminate or make a change to their retiree plans. Medicare eligibility and enrollment is considered a qualifying event. You have up to 60 days following Medicare enrollment to request the termination of your health plan. Enrollment in Medicare Part D or any Medicare supplement that includes prescription drug coverage will result in the automatic termination of your health plan.
Once you have terminated a retiree plan, you may not re-enroll in the plan at any future date.

I'm retired and live outside of Lee County. How do I find out what doctors to go to?

Log in to Aetna Member Services site, Aetna's web site for members, at www.aetna.com and click on Find Health Care in DocFind®. You may also call the Member Services number on your Aetna ID card. If there are no in-network providers in your area, and you have to see an out-of-network provider, you will pay a deductible and co-insurance.​