How do I sign up for a Flexible Spending Account (FSA)?

The County offers two types of flexible spending accounts (FSAs): the Medical Reimbursement Account and the Dependent Care Reimbursement account. You can only sign up for these accounts when you are a new employee or during Open Enrollment.  You have to re-enroll for the FSAs every year – your contributions do not automatically roll over.

If you enrolled as a:

  • New Hire – This benefit does not become effective until all new employee benefits take effect.
  • Current employee during Open Enrollment – This benefit becomes effective on January 1st of the following plan year.