We appreciate the dedication and commitment required by volunteers. Our Volunteer Staff program seeks individuals interested in a long-term commitment to volunteering. We offer many different volunteer opportunities. (The volunteer program is not available to satisfy school or court-ordered community service.) If you are interested in finding out more about becoming a member of our Volunteer Staff, please contact our Volunteer Services Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Prospective volunteers will be invited to come to the shelter for an interview to learn more about what they would be doing in the various areas in which they have an interest. If there is an opening in the area of interest, prospective volunteers are invited to attend orientation. Applications will be completed during orientation.
- High school diploma or GED, and pass a criminal background screening (requires Social Security number).
- Ability to make a long-term commitment to volunteering (at least 6 months) and a minimum of 16 hours per month during shelter hours. For those who can only volunteer on Saturdays, a minimum of two Saturdays per month is required. The kennels are open Monday through Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Be able to commit to a regular schedule.
- Complete orientation and ongoing training over a period of weeks for applicable positions.
- Comply with all required shelter policies and procedures and support shelter staff.
We value our Volunteer Staff and are excited to share ways that you can make a difference, one pet at a time.
To contact Volunteer Services, email email@example.com. or call 239-533-9202.