Lee County Domestic Animal Services' goal is to place companion animals with responsible owners. Our first consideration must be for the welfare of the animal. Therefore, anyone wishing to adopt an animal must submit an adoption application for approval prior to visiting the animal.
After your application is approved, a volunteer or staff member will assist you in visiting with a pet during adoption hours, Monday through Saturday, 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Want more information about a specific animal you would like to adopt? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
(Note: This email is for adoption information only. For emergencies, call 239-533-7387 (LEE-PETS), option #2.)
Three Ways to Submit An Adoption Application:
Our regular adoption fees are listed below. Please be sure to check for our current month's adoption promotion for reduced and special fees.
|Puppies - $95||Kittens - $75 (2 for 1)|
|Adult Dogs - $75||Adult Cats - $50 (2 for 1)|
|Senior Dogs - $25|
(6 years or older)
|Senior Cats - $25 (2 for 1)|
(6 years or older)
Senior & Military Discounts
Senior citizens (65+) and active or retired military personnel receive:
- $25 discount off Adult Pets
- Senior Pets at no charge
Please consider and agree to the following before adopting an animal:
- I.D. & Age: Your photo I.D. (valid driver's license, state or federally issued I.D.) will be photocopied onto your application. Proof of your current address will also be required. A person adopting an animal must be 18 years of age or older or have a parent or legal guardian present to sign adoption forms.
- Current Pets: We will need to verify that any pets you may currently own or that reside in your home have current rabies vaccinations and county licenses if they are required for that animal (i.e., dogs, cats, ferrets).
- Rental & Deed Restricted Properties: Properties with association/landlord rules regarding pets will require prior approval from property management before an adoption may be approved.
- Cash & Credit Cards: We accept cash, major credit cards or bank debit cards with VISA, MasterCard or Discover emblems.
- Compliance: Adoption of an animal is made with the understanding that an employee of Animal Services or a designated representative may visit you to check for compliance with our adoption policies you have agreed to on a future date.
- Unknown Backgrounds: Many of our animals come from unknown medical, behavioral and environmental backgrounds. Therefore, Animal Services does not make any guarantees as to the health, temperament or ultimate size of any animal.
Please understand that we deal with unwanted and discarded animals. The adoption procedure may seem time-consuming, but we wish to maximize the animal's chance for a successful adoption. Adopting a companion animal is a major consideration and responsible pet ownership demands a considerable commitment. Some animals may be available to go home immediately following the approval of the adoption application. Others may still need further processing.