Go to: https://www.specialolympicsflorida.org/westcoast for complete information
Lee County Parks & Recreation Special Olympics Coordinator - Don Payne
Special Olympics County Director – Justin Copertino
- Special Olympics provides year-round sports training and competition to children and adults 8 years of age and older with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Our athletes are also invited to participate in Athlete Leadership and Healthy Athletes programs.
- We currently offer Nine Sports: Athletics (Track & Field), Basketball, Bocce, Bowling, Cycling, Golf, Stand Up Paddle, Swimming & Tennis
- We currently serve 1,382 athletes throughout Lee County including School Based Programs.
- Over 480 people from our community give their time to volunteer each year including School Based Programs.
School Based Programs
- School Based Programs begin at age 2 and continue until age 22. These programs provide the opportunity to transition to, or simultaneously participate in the Community Programs.
- Young Athletes Program - Ages 2-7
- Little Elites – 2nd – 5th Grade
- Motor Activities Training Program
- Unified Sports & Unified Champion Schools
- Fit 5 Plan