The mission of the Lee County Sports Development (LCSD) office is to attract and retain sporting events and activities that will provide economic stimulus through sports tourism.
Goals & Objectives
- Partner with the Lee County Visitor & Convention Bureau and Economic Development, using sports as a vehicle to diversify Lee County’s tourism industry.
- Solicit state, regional, national and international sporting events, thus creating an increase in economic impact from sports tourism.
- Increase the level of customer service to our sports visitors, including organizers, athletes, coaches, parents, spectators and sponsors.
- Diversify the types of sports events held within Lee County, including the solicitation of summer events that can use indoor facilities such as Hertz Arena, Harborside Event Center, the Lee County Civic Center and Alico Arena.
- Enhance the image of Lee County as a premier sports destination.
- Work in partnership with municipal parks & recreation departments to identify the need for new sports facilities.
- Increase the quality of life in Lee County by providing outstanding entertainment and participatory opportunities through sports.
- Create relocation opportunities for sports businesses in Lee County.
- Work with local youth sports organizations and special interest sports clubs to increase participatory sports opportunities within our community.
- Expand opportunities for Economic Development through various sports tourism efforts.