Thank you for your interest in volunteering.
Volunteers are utilized at each library location and play an integral part in assisting staff with various work assignments.
Before completing this application, please review thesestandard requirements.
- Ability to report to work on-time
- Ability to work your agreed upon schedule
- Ability to lift, bend, stretch, kneel, stand, twist, push full book carts and repeatedly handle and manipulate library materials
- Ability to interact courteously with library patrons and staff
- Ability to conduct yourself in a professional manner
- Ability to dress according to the library system’s dress guidelines
Letter of Recommendation
As part of the application process, all prospective student volunteers must submit one letter of recommendation. Send your letter to Catherine Vaughn
Letters are accepted from:
- Teacher or other school personnel
- Member of clergy/religious affiliation
- Employer (past or present)
- Community or Civic Organization or other library approved source
Lee County BOCC Waiver Form for Individual Volunteers under the age of 18
If you are offered a volunteer position, we will send you the Lee County BOCC Waiver Form. A parent or legal guardian must submit a signed and notarized copy of this waiver.