This facility has a small park area with a playground, picnic tables, a grill and outdoor restrooms. It also has a building that can be rented for weddings, baby showers, family reunions, birthday parties, etc. Additional parking is located across Buckingham Road.
The park grounds can be very wet and muddy during the summer months.
Building Rental Information
- The building can be rented between the hours of 8 a.m. and 11 p.m.
- The amenities include 12-6' tables, 12-8' tables, chairs for up to 100 people, indoor restrooms, and a kitchen with a refrigerator, microwave and sink.
- The building can be rented for $40 per hour. A $250 refundable security deposit is also required when renting the building.
- The following items are prohibited at the facility: alcohol, smoke/fog machines, glitter and confetti.
- Smoking and open flames (sternos, candles, etc.) are prohibited inside the facility.
- Room Measurements:
- Main Room: 39' x 19'
- Side Room: 19' x 13'
- Room by Kitchen: 21' 6" x 15' 3"
- For reservations, non-profit rates, for profit rates (fundraisers), and additional rental information, please call Veterans Park Recreation Center at (239) 369-1521.
- All reservations will now require general liability insurance that lists Lee County Board of County Commissioners as the certificate holder and additionally insured. View Lee County Insurance Requirement and Insurance Sample. Please call Veterans Park Recreation Center at (239) 369-1521 for more information regarding the specific requirements.
- Buckingham Community Center Guidelines for Use
The building was built in 1895. It was originally known as the Buckingham School House. Doctor Kantz was the first teacher. The school closed in 1948. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. In 1950, the building started to be used as a Community Center. Major renovations to the building were done in 2009.