Lee County Emergency Management's online communication tools have increased our ability to engage the community in a different environment, allowing for more feedback at the local level.
Following is a list of online resources providing useful information to help you be prepared for an emergency.
- Lee County Emergency Management Website - www.LeeEOC.com
- Our website is a one-stop shop to find the information and tools you need to prepare your family for any hazards that can happen in Southwest Florida. You can find:
- Family Preparedness Plan – A comprehensive, easy-to-use template to help you prepare a plan of action for an emergency situation.
- Special Medical Needs Program Application – A no-cost program available to those with medical needs.
- Shelter locations – A comprehensive listing of shelters in Lee County.
- Notifications & Resources – Links to social media accounts, apps and websites.
- @LeeEOC – Official Lee County Emergency Management Twitter account. Offers emergency information.
- Download this free app to find your evacuation zone and sign up for evacuation text notifications. Shelter locations, preparedness information and local weather is provided. Available through both Apple & Android stores.
- Sign up for this free service to receive phone calls, texts and/or email about significant emergencies or critical protective actions needed to safeguard life and property. Register at www.AlertLee.com.
- Visit www.RideLeeTran.com for real-time bus tracking, find your nearest bus stop and plan your trip.
- Lee County's volunteer program provides service opportunities including office assistance, emergency management duties and accredited student volunteer hours. Visit www.LeeEOC.com to apply.
- Know Your Evacuation Zone
- Lee County service which allows you to find your evacuation zone by entering your address. A link can be found on our website – www.LeeEOC.com and on the LeePrepares app.
- NOAA Weather Radios
- These radios provide 24-hour broadcasting providing current and forecasted weather conditions. This is the earliest warning system for sudden weather hazards such as tornadoes and severe thunderstorms. These radios can be purchased online and in stores.
- Emergency Alert System & Wireless Emergency Alerts
- This Federal emergency alert system may be used by State and Local authorities for emergencies. The emergency alert system sends messages on radio and TV. The wireless emergency alerts are sent via phones.