Required forms to nominate property
There is no fee to apply and a landowner may withdraw their property from consideration at any time, unless the landowner enters into a contract with Lee County for the purchase of the property.
Other documentation helpful to submit
(but not required)
- Copy of Real Property Appraisal Report
- Copy of Land Boundary Survey
- Location map, such as a plat map, aerial photo, and/or legal description
- Wetland survey, species survey, plant community inventory, or any other available environmental reports
- Approved or pending development plans
- A copy of either an Owner's title policy or a Title Search
- Boundary survey
- Copy of all land development permits
2. Land Review
- Each property that is submitted will go through a preliminary review process before a Board of County Commissioners appointed citizen advisory committee, known as the Conservation Lands Acquisition and Stewardship Advisory Committee (CLASAC), makes any recommendation on which properties may be pursued for acquisition.
- Once a site inspection is performed, the property will be scored using the 100-point review criteria and presented to the Criteria and Ranking Subcommittee before reaching the full CLASAC committee for consideration. Both meet the second Thursday of each month. See Public Meetings Calendar for additional details.
- Properties recommended by CLASAC for purchase will then be presented to the Board of County Commissioners for approval. If approved, County Lands staff is then authorized to order appraisals and begin the process of potential acquisition.
3. Negotiation and Acquisition
- The Legacy Program is an incentive program to attract owners of exceptional conservation land to preserve it for future generations by honoring family heritage or an area of cultural significance.
- Contact the County Lands Department for more information on this program.
If you have any questions regarding the intake/review process, please contact Reneé Moneta, Property Acquisition Assistant, at (239) 533-8855 or firstname.lastname@example.org.