Conservation 20/20 Program
The Great Calusa Blueway
UF/IFAS Extension Services
The purpose of Lee County's official social media sites is to encourage courteous communication between Lee County and the public.
Comments will not be edited by staff, but may be deleted if found to be in violation of this policy. Repeat violators will be banned.
Posts (including screen names/images) that contain any of the following shall not be allowed:
• Obscene, profane, violent, threatening, hateful, harassing or offensive language or content
• Personal attacks of any kind, including discrimination based on race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, physical appearance, sexual orientation or financial status
• Defamation or accusations of criminal conduct or immoral activity. If a person believes there is a legitimate complaint against the County or a County employee, contact the appropriate department director via telephone or email.
• Sexual content or links to sexual content
• Solicitations, advertisements or endorsements of any financial, commercial or non‐governmental agency
• Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity
• Violating copyrights or trademarks
• Compromising the safety or security of the public or public systems
• Invasion of an individual’s right to privacy
• Promoting or opposing political campaigns or ballot measures
• Off-topic posts or repetitive copied posts
Lee County is not liable for the content of comments posted to any Lee County social media site and reserves the right to restrict or remove any content deemed in violation of this social media policy or any applicable law. This comment policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time.
Under Florida law, all content on any Lee County social media site is subject to the public records law, Chapter 119, Florida Statutes. Florida has a very broad public records law. Most written communications to or from Lee County employees and officials regarding County business is considered public record available to the public and media upon request. Any communication made through social networking websites may be subject to public disclosure. Any public disclosure requests must be directed to County Administration.