Emergency Services coordinates programs to assist individuals and families in need. Eligibility Specialists screen for eligibility for our programs, and provide information and referral to other agencies or local resources.
People who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless should seek assistance immediately.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Intake for emergency assistance is closed on Wednesdays.
- Intake is conducted Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, except for legal holidays.
- Doors open at 7:45 a.m., and a limited number of people can be seen each day.
- Telephone screenings are available by leaving a message at 239-533-7996. Be sure to leave details including your name, daytime telephone number, and a brief description of the service needed. Staff attempt to return calls within 48 hours.
- Eligibility requirements may vary depending on the program. Telephone screenings can determine if you meet the minimum eligibility requirements and that funding is available.
- Any assistance is not in the form of cash but rather payments to vendors such as utility companies or landlords. Due to funding cycles, all programs are not necessarily in effect at any given time.