In Lee County, HOT teams are referred to a Housing, Outreach, and Treatment Teams to encapsulate the scope of services being provided. Teams a collaboration between Lee County, Centerstone, and local law enforcement, including:
- Lee County Sherriff's Office,
- Cape Coral Police Department,
- Fort Myers Police Department,
- Sanibel Police Department,
- Lee County Port Authority and
- Florida Gulf Coast University Police Department.
Lee County's HOT Teams conduct street outreach to persons experiencing homelessness, with the goal of connecting individuals and families to housing and services. HOT Teams conduct assessments, provide referrals for housing and shelter, and connect households with behavioral health and other supportive services.