Do You Need to Apply for a Lee County Permit?

If your project or event is within the boundaries of Bonita Springs, Cape CoralEstero , Fort Myers, Fort Myers Beach or Sanibel, you may need to apply for permitting through your local jurisdiction. View Incorporated Cities Map


What is my PRoject/ Event?What permit(s) Do I need?Where do I get it?
Construction & Remodeling
Various residential and commercial permits Community Development
Various residential and commercial permits Community Development
Development Order
Development Order PermitCommunity Development
Dock & Shoreline Structures
Dock and Shoreline Permit Community Development
Driveway (Residential)
Driveway PermitCommunity Development
EventsSpecial Events Permit, Use of County Property Permit, and/or Alcohol Permit

Temporary Special Occasion Balloon/Sign Permit

Community Development
Film/Video/PhotographyMotion Picture/Television Permit or Video/Photography Permit Visitor & Convention Bureau

Land Clearing

Vegetation Removal Permit Community Development
Mobile Home/RV Tie-Down
Manufactured Home Installation PermitCommunity Development
Political Signs (Commercial, Industrial, Agricultural 
Political Signs Permit Community Development
Pool/Spa Installation
Pool PermitCommunity Development

Right-of-Way Construction

Various residential and commercial permits Transportation
Septic System
Septic PermitHealth Department
Storm Damage Repair
Emergency Permitting Community Development
Temporary Use
Temporary Permit or Temporary Special Occasion Balloon/Sign Permit Community Development
Taxicab & Other Transport Vehicles
Taxicab and Livery Permit Lee County Tax Collector
Use/Occupancy Use PermitCommunity Development
Well Drilling/Construction
Well Construction Permit, Well Field Protection Area Permit, Monitor Well Permit, Test Boring Permit or Elevator Shaft Permit Natural Resources
 visit Lee County Community Development's Building & Permitting Services for more permit information.