24-Hour Emergency Line: 239-533-2987
- Promotes energy conservation throughout Lee County Facilities.
- Monitors and controls HVAC/lighting of Lee County Facilities.
- Provides 24-hour staffing for any emergencies that may arise.
Some things we do to save energy:
Watch Public Safety Building Create Solar Power
Elevator & Fuel Storage
- Operation, maintenance and repairs of Lee County elevators, chairlifts and escalators
- Inspections, maintenance and registration renewal for all Lee County emergency generators and fuel tanks
Reducing the cost and environmental impact of the local government by:
- Advancing energy efficiency and water conservation
- Promoting the use of distributed and renewable energy
- Improving utility management decisions at County facilities
Millions are spent annually to pay Lee County electrical bills. A conscious effort must be taken to minimize energy consumption.
Artificial lighting accounts for 44 percent of the electricity use in office buildings.
- Make it a habit to turn off the lights when you're leaving any room for 15 minutes or more and use natural light when you can.
- Promote using Energy Star-rated light bulbs and fixtures, which use at least two-thirds less energy than regular lighting.
- Use timers or motion sensors that shut off lights when they're not needed.
Computers in the business sector unnecessarily waste $1 billion worth of electricity a year
- Make it a habit to turn off your computer and power strip when you leave for the day.
- Setting your computer to sleep mode automatically during short breaks can cut energy use by 70 percent. Remember, screen savers don't save energy.
- Make it a policy to invest in energy–saving computers, monitors, and printers.
Minimize air conditioning costs
- Set the temperature a little higher. 7 percent to 10 percent of your cooling costs can be reduced for each degree above 78.
- Ensure filters are clean and preventative maintenance is being performed on HVAC systems.
- Keep doors and windows closed.
- Use shades or drapes to block the hot sun from heating your office.
A little here and a little there adds up to be a lot.
Responsible for all downtown Lee County employee parking facilities, jury lot, and maintenance of County parking lots. Public parking operations in downtown County lots are managed by Premium Parking Services.
- Assistance with badges and related building access and employee HR.