Lee County Southwest Florida
notice of intent to adopt a development agreement corkscrew grove limited partnership
When: Wednesday, June 22, 2022
Lee County Commission Meeting Room
2120 Main Street
Fort Myers, Florida
Notice is hereby given that there will be two public hearings before the Lee County Board of County Commissioners to consider executing a development agreement between Lee County and Corkscrew Grove Limited Partnership, owners of the Corkscrew Grove pursuant to the Stipulation of Settlement entered into between Corkscrew Grove Limited Partnership v. Lee County, Case No. 19-CA-8183.
- The first public hearing will be held on Tuesday, June 7, 2022 at 9:30 a.m., or as soon thereafter as may be heard, in the Lee County Commission Meeting Room 2120 Main Street, Fort Myers, Florida.
- The second public hearing will be held on Wednesday, June 22, 2022 at 9:30 a.m., or as soon thereafter as may be heard, in the Lee County Commission Meeting Room 2120 Main Street, Fort Myers, Florida.
If approved, the Development Agreement authorizes development approvals, including a
- Maximum density of 1.5 dwelling units per gross acre (Approx. 6500 Acres);
- Maximum 700,000 square feet of commercial, limited as follows:
- A maximum of 150,000 square feet directly fronting and/or abutting Corkscrew Road (unused Commercial square footage may be moved internally),
- 50,000 square feet internal to the development (may include unused Commercial Square footage from off Corkscrew Road), and
- 500,000 square feet directly fronting, or abutting State Road 82,
- Proposed uses for the Project will include public infrastructure, wireless communication facilities, essential services, public and/or private schools without limitation of square footage, and such other uses typical of similarly sized mixed use developments within Lee County,
- The Project will provide a minimum of 61% Open Space (approximately 4072 acres),
- The Project will provide a minimum of 3,274 acres of onsite restoration consisting of wetland conservation easements and flowway easements,
The Proposed Settlement would include a land swap of property owned by Corkscrew Grove Limited Partnership for County owned property located along Corkscrew Road adjacent to the Project to facilitate the construction of infrastructure needed for the Project and for the County’s future regional infrastructure needs.
The Property subject to this case is approximately 6,674.56 +/- acres of land generally located on the south side of State Road 82 (SR 82) approximately 1.5 miles west of the Lee-Hendry County line. It is adjacent to the southwest corner of the intersection of Wildcat Drive and SR 82 and is immediately across from the intersection of Eisenhower Boulevard and SR 82. The Property boundary extends south to the southern side of Corkscrew Road approximately located in the Northwest Corner of Section 24 and Northwest Corner of Section 26.
Copies of the proposed Agreement and file can be reviewed at the Lee County Attorney’s Office, 2115 Second Street, Fort Myers, FL. Call 239 533 2236 for additional information.
Anyone wishing to appeal the Board’s decision(s) with respect to any matter considered at this meeting will need a record of the proceedings. Generally, a verbatim record, including all testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based, will be necessary.
Lee County will not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, religion, income or family status. To request language interpretation, document translation or an ADA-qualified reasonable modification at no charge to the requestor, contact Joan LaGuardia, (239) 839-6038, Florida Relay Service 711, at least five business days in advance. El Condado de Lee brindará servicios de traducción sin cargo a personas con el idioma limitado del inglés.