Lee County Southwest Florida
notice of intent to enact a county resolution
When: Tuesday, June 21, 2016
County Commissioners’ Chambers
Lee County Courthouse
2120 Main Street
Fort Myers, Florida
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that on Tuesday, June 21, 2016, at 9:30 AM, or as soon thereafter as can be heard, held in the County Commissioners' Chambers, Lee County Courthouse, 2120 Main Street, Fort Myers, Florida, the Board of County Commissioners of Lee County will consider the enactment of a County Resolution pursuant to Florida Statutes Chapters 125 and 197 to continue the assessment of properties within the following Municipal Service Tax/Benefit Units (MSTBU's) for the fiscal year 2016-2017.
- Anchorage Way/Intracoastal Operation and Maintenance MSBU (Proposed Assessment $1,500.00 per lot)
- Cherry/Blueberry Improvement Unit (Proposed Assessment $202.58 per lot)
- Cherry Estates Operation and Maintenance Special Improvement MSBU (Proposed Assessment $200.00 for front units and $50.00 for back units per EAU)
- Country Estates Unit 3 Lighting Unit (Proposed Assessment $51.28 per lot)
- Country Lakes Subdivision Streetlighting MSTBU (Proposed Assessment $60.77 per lot)
- Dewberry Lane Special Improvement Operation and Maintenance MSBU (Proposed Assessment $98.99 per lot)
- Gasparilla Island MSBU (Proposed Assessment for an equivalent millage rate of 0.0801)
- Golden Lake Heights Streetlighting Unit (Proposed Assessment $36.25 per lot)
- Old Pelican Bay Channel/Canal Operation and Maintenance Special Improvement MSBU (Proposed Assessment $308.18 per EAU)
- Pine Lake Streetlighting Unit (Proposed Assessment $120.71 per lot)
- River Forest Street lighting Operation and Maintenance MSBU(Proposed Assessment $53.49 per parcel)
- Sheltering Pines Mobile Home Village Improvement Unit (Proposed Assessment $137.55 per lot)
University Overlay Landscaping Operation and Maintenance Special Improvement Unit (Proposed Assessment $3.15 per front foot)
Copies of the Resolutions are on file with the Minutes Department of the Office of the Clerk of Circuit Court of Lee County and the Office of County Administration both located in the County Administration Building, 2115 Second Street, Fort Myers, Florida.
All affected property owners have the right to appear at the public hearing and the right to file written objections within 20 days of the publication of this notice.
If a participant decides to appeal a decision made by the Board of County Commissioners with respect to any matter considered at this hearing, a verbatim record of the proceeding will be necessary to appeal a decision made at this hearing.
Persons with disabilities who need an accommodation to participate in the public hearing should contact the Office of County Administration at 239-533-2221. To ensure availability of services, please request an accommodation as soon as possible, but preferably five or more business days prior to the hearing.