Lee County formed a Broadband Services Local Technology Planning Team (LTPT) as part of efforts to ensure all County residents have availability to affordable and reliable high-speed internet access.
ICYMI: Governor DeSantis Announces First Awards Through Broadband Opportunity Program
More than $144 million awarded to 58 projects across 41 Florida Counties.
Bokeelia - $63,311
Lehigh Acres #1 – $3,988,532
Lehigh Acres #2 – $4,111,225
We used the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity's (DEO) Office of Broadband Planning Toolkit as a guide for creating the LTPT process. The process steps from the Planning Toolkit which have been or will be conducted by Lee County are:
Below is the FCC Broadband map. It is important that the information on this map is correct so the Lee County can get its share of FCC funding for Broadband. You can help the FCC improve the data on the map by submitting a challenge or requesting a correction.
Here are some of the items you should check:
1.Your address is correct
2.The speeds that are offered to you are correct.
3.The speed you currently pay for is the speed you are getting.
here for more information
on how to use this map.
The LTPT will continue to work with various County departments and outside agencies to focus on:
- digital equity and literacy programs
- telehealth and social services remote access solutions
- County recreation and community center access
- workforce development and training programs
Lee County will work with ISPs, County departments and outside agencies to pursue grant funding through multiple State and Federal grant programs to support identified broadband solutions.
Affordable Connectivity Program
Affordable Connectivity Program is a Federal Communication Commission (FCC) benefit program that helps ensure that households can afford the high-speed internet they need for work, school, healthcare and more. This program:
- helps ensure eligible households access to affordable the high-speed internet they need for work, school, healthcare and more
- provides a discount of up to $30 per month toward internet service for eligible households
- limits households to one monthly service discount
Service Provider Programs
Questions & Comments
To ask questions or submit comments, please email