Thanksgiving Holiday Adjustments
- Hurricane Irma debris collections by the county's debris hauler will be suspended Wednesday, Nov. 22, through Sunday, Nov. 26.
- Two public self drop-offs have now ceased operations and closed -- the Lee Hendry Landfill and the Lee Civic Center.
- The following public self drop-off horticultural sites remain open 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with the exception of Thanksgiving Day:
- South Lee County: A&W Bulb site, 14790 A&W Bulb Road, Fort Myers
- East Lee County: Lee County Mosquito Control, 1840 Gunnery Road N., Lehigh Acres
- North Fort Myers: U.S. 41 site, 17771 North Tamiami Trail, North Fort Myers
- The county's three other horticultural self drop-off sites will close Wednesday, Nov. 22, through Sunday, Nov. 26, and reopen at 7:30 a.m. Monday, Nov. 27.
- Construction/demolition debris can be self-hauled to the Waste-to-Energy Facility, 10500 Buckingham Road, Fort Myers. Hours are 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 22; and 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, Nov. 24, and Saturday, Nov. 25.
Things to Know Before You Go:
- You must unload your own vehicle.
- You must provide your address.
Note: Depending on the site, the Lee County Drop-Off sites are for horticultural or construction & demolition (C&D) debris from Unincorporated Lee County, City of Bonita Springs, Town of Fort Myers Beach and the Village of Estero residents.
Residents in the following incorporated areas must contact their municipality directly for information about public drop-off locations:
- Sanibel (Keith Williams, 239-472-3700)
Residents of Bonita Springs, Fort Myers Beach, Estero and unincorporated Lee County who want to remove their horticulture debris from their property can take it, at no charge, to the following locations between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. seven days a week:
MAP & DIRECTIONS
|Central Fort Myers||Page Field||4551 S. Cleveland Ave., Fort Myers||Map & Directions|
|East Lee County||Lee County Mosquito Control||1840 Gunnery Road N., Lehigh Acres||Map & Directions|
Entrance is across the street from 3991 Sunset Road
|Estero||Estero Community Park||21651 Via Coconut Point, Estero|
Map & Directions
Enter park's maintenance compound entrance off east side of Via Coconut Point
|North Fort Myers||US 41||17771 North Tamiami Trail, North Fort Myers|
Map & Directions
West side of the road, about a quarter-mile south of Del Prado Blvd.
|Pine Island||7630 Stringfellow Road, St. James City||Map & Directions|
|South Lee County||A&W Bulb||14790 A & W Bulb Road, Fort Myers||Map & Directions|
Near Iona-McGregor area
Construction & Demolition Debris
Residents now can bring storm-related construction and demolition debris (C&D) to Lee County's Waste-to-Energy Facility free of charge. This is only for C&D that was generated as result of Hurricane Irma and is brought by residents. You must show ID and be a resident of Bonita Springs, Fort Myers Beach, Estero or unincorporated Lee County.
No commercial C&D debris or residential vegetative debris will be accepted. Commercial customers will continue to be charged for C&D disposal. Typical residential C&D includes flood damaged flooring, drywall, furniture and other household materials as the result of Hurricane Irma. Residents are asked not to mix garbage, horticulture, or household chemical wastes with the C&D debris.
|LOCATION||DEBRIS SITE||HOURS||ADDRESS||MAP & DIRECTIONS|
|East Fort Myers||Waste-to-Energy Facility||7:30 a.m.-6 p.m. Mon- Wed; |
7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thurs-Fri; 6:30 a.m. to noon Sat
|10500 Buckingham Road, Fort Myers||Map & Directions|
Another Option: Charlotte County's Zemel Road Landfill
- Charlotte County's Zemel Road Landfill, 29751 Zemel Road, Punta Gorda, about 2.7 miles north of the Lee County Line just west of U.S. 41, accepts both horticultural and C&D debris.
- Charlotte County landfill's tipping fee is $72 per ton for people who live outside of Charlotte County. That means a full-size pickup truck, filled to load capacity, would cost roughly $58 to about $86 depending on model.
- Charlotte County's landfill is open 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays, 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays and is closed Sundays. Customers who must unload by hand are asked to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to closing time.