When a hurricane or other disaster requires a
mandatory evacuation, many residents use public transportation to get to
and from an emergency shelter. At this time, the following applies during mandatory evacuation:
All LeeTran regular bus routes and transfer points remain in service, with the following exceptions:
- Bus fares will be waived.
- LeeTran will run shuttles from designated Transfer Stations to move evacuees to open emergency shelters.
- LeeTran will run shuttles from emergency shelters to Transfer Stations when shelters are closed.
Please keep in mind the following:
- Pickup times may be delayed due to increased numbers of riders.
- Evacuation transport service will NOT be provided into Collier County. Fixed route service will cease at Bonita K-Mart.
- Bonita K-Mart riders/evacuees will be transported to the Coconut Point Mall's transfer point.
- Buses will run as needed from Pine Island and Sanibel Island to designated transfer points.
Evacuees should keep in mind there is limited space on
the bus and in the shelter when packing your three days' worth of emergency
supplies. LeeTran will transport you and your pet (dogs and cats only) to the Pet Friendly Shelter IF your pet is in a crate or carrier.
LeeTran's Passport (ADA) division will activate its priority list, transporting those who require medical treatment first,
and those who are deemed transportation-disadvantaged second. The bus fares will resume when the evacuation order has been lifted.
Click the LeeTran logo below for bus route information.
View a larger, more detailed map