Conservation 20/20 is Lee County’s environmentally-sensitive land acquisition and management program, through which there are 30,000 acres of conservation land protected in Lee County. The program was established in 1996 through voter referendum and reaffirmed at the ballot box in 2016, receiving 84 percent majority support from Lee County voters. Conservation 20/20 manages 49 preserves spread throughout Lee County.
The program was established in 1996 through voter referendum and reaffirmed at the ballot box in 2016, receiving 84 percent majority support from Lee County voters. Conservation 20/20 manages 49 preserves spread throughout Lee County.
The Lee County Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) created the Conservation Land Acquisition and Stewardship Advisory Committee (CLASAC) to oversee the Conservation Lands Program.
CLASAC is a citizen advisory committee that meets monthly to:
- Review parcels for purchase consideration
- Make recommendations on negotiations
- Review, comment and recommend land stewardship plans and activities
- Recommend other general management items to the BOCC
CLASAC meetings are open to the public. All members of the public are welcome and encouraged to attend. Audio recordings and minutes from each meeting are posted online on the Meeting Archive page.
- 13-09 - Conservation 20/20 Program Ordinance implementing recommendations of the Blue Ribbon Committee
- 05-17 - Enabling Ordinance Amending and Restating 96-12 of the Conservation 20/20 Program
- 96-12 - Original Enabling Conservation Lands Program Ordinance
- 18-08-29 - Amendments to the 20/20 Application Review Criteria for the Purchase of Property through the County's 20/20 Program
- 16-05-10 - Conservation 20/20 Non-Binding Referendum Ballot Language
- 12-11-22 - Adopting the Recommendations of the Conservation 2020 Blue Ribbon Committee
- 12-06-50 - Establishing a Special Advisory Group (Blue Ribbon Committee) to Review the Conservation 20/20 Program
- 10-08-13 - Requiring Certain Lee County Advisory Boards/Committees and their members to file statements of Financial Interests and other related diclosure forms per Florida Statute Section 112.3145...
- 07-10-12 - Master Mitigation Plan into selection Criteria
- 07-01-32 - Adding Market Value and Eco-archaeological Resources
- 06-12-02 - "Leave a Legacy" Program
- 04-09-51 - Amendments to Criteria "Flow Chart" and notification to BoCC via Salient Property Data Memorandum to begin Negotiations
- 01-01-35 - Land Selection Criteria
- 97-06-82 - Land Program Parameter and Land Selection Criteria
- 96-07-52 - Ordering and providing for a Non-Binding Referendum