Lee County Parks & Recreation Special Olympics Coordinator - Don Payne
(239) 738-5222, firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Olympics County Director – Justin Copertino
(754) 264-9158, email@example.com
Go to: https://specialolympicsflorida.org/lee/ for complete information
- Special Olympics provides year-round sports training and competition to children and adults eight years of age and older with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Our athletes are also invited to participate in Athlete Leadership and Healthy Athletes programs.
- We currently offer nine sports: Athletics (Track & Field), Basketball, Bocce, Bowling, Cycling, Golf, Stand Up Paddle, Swimming & Tennis.
- We currently serve 1,382 athletes throughout Lee County including school based programs.
- Over 480 people from our community give their time to volunteer each year including school based programs.
School Based Programs
- School based programs begin at age two and continue until age 22. These programs provide the opportunity to transition to, or simultaneously participate in the community programs.
- Young Athletes Program - Ages two-seven
- Little Elites – Grades 2-5
- Motor Activities Training Program
- Unified Sports & Unified Champion Schools
- Fit 5 Plan