Lee County residents receive:
- Once-a-week, unlimited amount of curbside collection: garbage, recycling and yard waste
- Once-a-week curbside collection of electronic devices
- Curbside collection of up to two car tires per week (larger tires must be brought to the Buckingham facility)
- Curbside collection of large, bulky items such as furniture and large household appliances (as needed)
Household garbage, yard waste, recycling and electronics must be at the curb by 6:30 a.m. the day of each scheduled collection.
Placement & Removal of Garbage Cans and Recycle Containers:
- Place cans and/or bags less than six feet from the roadside.
- Trash must not be placed out more than 24 hours before scheduled pick up time.
- Empty cans must be removed within 48 hours after pick up. Violation of this rule may result in a warning for the first offense and a fine for each subsequent violation.
- Please place carts at the curb with the arrow facing the street. Keep the cart 3 feet from mailboxes, other cans/carts and any other obstacle.
Get more information about approved containers.
Was something left at your curb?
Visit our Missed Pickups/Special Pickups page or call one of our friendly customer services representatives at 239-533-8000.