Businesses may dispose of used oil and gas filters at the Waste-To-Energy Facility throughout the year, but they must adhere to the following requirements:
- Arrange for direct transport to the facility.
- Thoroughly drain the filters.
- Use leak-proof containers to transport the filters to the facility.
- Use collection containers sized so that one person can dump the containers into the designated receptacle at the plant.
- Upon arrival at the scale-house, notify the attendant that the material is "Oily Waste." An employee is on duty at the facility's tipping area to answer questions and direct you to the proper dumping location.
Your vehicle will be weighed upon entering and exiting the facility. You will be supplied with a receipt showing the type and amount of materials disposed. The scale house attendant will accept a check, cash or credit card (American Express, Visa, MasterCard or Discover).
If you have any questions, please call one of our customer service representatives at 239-533-8000.