Patrons are welcome to use their own computers and devices in the library. Please bring headphones for private listening, and silence cellphone ringers.
Library computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis, or through the computer reservation system at each location. Reservations must be made in person.
The library computer tables and chairs are reserved for patrons who are using library computers.
Your own Lee County Library Card or a Guest Pass (obtainable with a valid photo ID at the reference desk) is required to use an Internet station. Usual log-in requires your library card number and a PIN, which is usually the last four digits of the phone number listed in your library account.
The length of computer sessions vary. Please inquire at your branch library.
Public library computers and printers shut down 15 minutes before the library closes.
Internet use is subject to all applicable laws. Illegal use of library Internet stations will subject the user to prosecution by local, state or federal authorities.
The Lee County Library System’s
Patron Code of Conduct applies to the use of library computers. Patrons whose behavior or action while using a library computer constitutes a nuisance to others will be asked to end their Internet session or leave the library.
Personal hardware or software installation on library equipment and modification of the library equipment set up is prohibited.
When logging on to a public computer, patrons must agree to the following conditions of the Public Computer User Agreement:
I agree to abide by the Lee County Library System Policy for Public Internet Use, the Patron Code of Conduct, and all Library rules. I understand that:
- It is unacceptable for me to view websites that unreasonably disturb or offend library users or staff.
- Tampering with library equipment is prohibited.
- I may only use my library card or library staff-issued Computer Use Only Card to access library computers.
- I will abide by the per person computer time limits at this location.
- In offering Internet access, the library does not monitor or have control over information that can be accessed over the Internet. Although the Internet offers access to many valuable local, national and international sources of information, not all sources are accurate, complete, current or appropriate for all users.
- I may be asked to leave the library if I violate a library rule.
For additional information about using the library’s Internet resources, please review the Lee County Library System’s
Internet Policy for Public Use.
All branches offer free Wi-Fi access. Your device must be capable of displaying our splash screen to accept our terms of service (having multiple tabs in your browser set as your home screen may interfere with this).
Wireless printing is also available and requires the installation of the driver specific to the branch you are visiting.
We currently support printing from Macs and Windows computers. We
do not support printing from Chromebooks, tablets or mobile phones at this time.
See detailed instructions here (.pdf).
Please install the driver for the appropriate branch and operating system.
These print drivers only work inside the library.