Our top priority is to ensure a positive library experience for everyone. We appreciate your cooperation in following these guidelines so that all users have access to library services and facilities in a safe and secure environment.
- Respect the rights of others by using library property (materials, equipment, and facilities) gently and appropriately.
- Avoid disruptive behaviors that may hinder other patrons.
- Ensure that children are supervised by a responsible caregiver at all times.
- Be respectful of other library users by refraining from loud conversation and keeping noise levels to a minimum.
- Be mindful of personal belongings as library staff cannot accept responsibility for your possessions.
- Bring in only covered drinks and consume food only in designated areas.
- Consumption of all tobacco products and alcohol is prohibited.
- Dress appropriately for the public space, including shoes and shirts.
- Bring only service animals (as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Florida Statutes) into the library.
- Soliciting, selling, campaigning, or posting notices on library property is prohibited, unless authorized by Library Administration or designee.
- Petitioning and distribution of leaflets is allowed only in areas specifically designated for the exercise of free speech.
- Bags may be subject to search when leaving the library.
Everyone is expected to follow these guidelines and any direction given by library staff. If you fail to do so, you will be asked to stop. If the behavior continues, you may be told to leave the premises. Subsequent offenses may result in loss of library privileges. Library users must comply with all federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Violators will be referred to the proper authorities.
Printable Patron Code of Conduct