The Lee County Library System, founded in 1964, has 13 branches to serve Lee County residents.
Our mission is to strengthen our community by informing and enriching individuals.
The library currently has over 1.5 million items available for patrons to use or check out, and circulates more than 6 million items per year. Currently more than 294,000 Lee County residents are registered users.
All locations and events are open to the public. To qualify for full borrowing privileges you must satisfy one of the following requirements:
- Live in Lee County for more than six months of the year
- Own property or a business in Lee County
- Be employed in Lee County
- Be a student in Lee County
- Live in a county that participates in the Reciprocal Borrowing Program
The library offers meeting rooms for nonprofit groups, organizations, and individuals to use during library hours for no charge. The system has an online catalog to browse library materials, free Wi-Fi, public access computers, scan and print capabilities and much more.