LCPR Calusa Kids Race Team
The purpose of the Calusa Kids program is to get youth involved with competitive paddlecraft racing. Lee County Parks & Recreation (LCPR) Calusa Kids Race Team offers youngsters the opportunity to earn points and prizes for participating in competitive races and activities throughout Southwest Florida.
There are no specific LCPR Calusa Kids team practices. Participation is easy and free. Just get registered and start racing. After earning 100 points, we’ll send you an official Calusa Kids Race shirt and goody bag.To find local events, visit Paddleguru.com, supracer.com, americancanoe.org or worldpaddleassociation.com.
Calusa Kids Race Team Rules
- Paddler must register with the LCPR Blueway Coordinator prior to participation. Contact
- Participants must be 17 years of age or under.
- Participants must be Lee County residents.
- Paddlers can participate in any organized race open to the general public.
- The race does not have to be in Lee County or even in Florida.
- Participants can paddle with an adult partner while racing, but they must register as a tandem team.
- 100 total points must be earned by each paddler to receive a shirt and gift bag.
- 10 points are awarded per race, per participation.
- 5 points are awarded for 1st -3rd placement within each class.
- 5 points are awarded per organized time trial.
- Additional points may be awarded for other paddle-related activities.
Child racer is awarded a racing medal by a LCPR staff member at the 2015 Battle on the Blueway.
Racers show off their racing numbers on their legs before race start time.
Child happily paddling in a canoe down the Blueway.