Lee County Veteran Services plays a key role in helping all veterans, their dependents, widows and surviving children in securing all benefits to which they may become entitled. The Lee County office of Veterans Services acts as liaison between other counties, Florida Veteran Affairs, and the U.S. Veterans Affairs to help veterans and their dependents navigate the myriad of government forms needed to claim benefits and find the right social services group for assistance.
The assistance offered by the Lee County Veteran Services office includes:
- Filing claims for service-connected and non-service connected compensation
- Dependency Indemnity Compensation (DIC)
- Widow's Pension
- Aid and Attendance
- Address Change/Direct Deposit cancellations
- Discharge documentation (DD214) requests
- Coordinating with other service organizations in helping to secure permanent housing for homeless veterans and their families.
Our Veteran Service Officers saw over 1,400 clients both by appointment and on a walk-in basis during FY2015 as well as handled over 3,200 phone inquiries. They attended ten outreach presentations which included the Honor Flight trips flying veterans to Washington D.C. We look forward to continuing to serve veterans throughout Lee County.