Frequently Asked Questions

Parks FAQ

Do any of your parks have Wi-Fi?  Yes!  So do our Recreation Centers. Lakes Regional ParkEstero Community ParkVeterans Community ParkTerry Park

Where can I reserve a pavilion?  Reserve one online at these parks:  Lakes Regional ParkEstero Community ParkVeterans Community ParkCaloosahatchee Regional ParkMatlacha Community ParkManatee Park

Do you allow pets in your parks?  Yes! Many of our parks allow for on-leash dog walking except for certain parks deemed sensitive wildlife areas. See a list of dog parks and dog-friendly parks.

How long does it take to walk the Six Mile Slough Preserve boardwalk?  About 90 minutes. The boardwalk is 1.2 miles long. The length of time it takes to complete the trail depends on the individual. 

When are manatees at Manatee Park?  When the Gulf temp is below 68 degrees. Call (239) 690-5030 ext. 3. 

Can I bring a grill or fryer to Lakes Park for my gathering?  Yes - gas grill.  No - fryers are not allowed.  In fact, grills are allowed at any LCPR site which already has a permanently installed grill on-site.

How do I get a parking pass/sticker?  Online or at the following locations:  Terry ParkEstero Recreation CenterVeterans Recreation CenterNorth Fort Myers Recreation CenterWa-Ke Hatchee Recreation CenterMatlacha Community Center 

Can I get a seasonal parking sticker?  No. The LCPR parking pass/sticker is an annual pass ($60).  Whatever month it is purchased, it will be valid until the end of the same month the following year. 

Do I have to pay for a new sticker if mine gets lost, stolen, mutilated or I get a new tag or vehicle?  Yes, $5. There is a $5 replacement fee, as long as your current sticker is still valid. 

Do I have to pay to park (or buy a parking pass/sticker) if I have a handicap placard?  Yes. You are only exempt from paying the parking fee if your vehicle displays a disabled veterans license plate, if your vehicle has mechanical modifications specifically for accommodating a disabled driver or passenger, or if you have a Florida Toll Exemption Permit. 

Can I leave my vehicle for more than 72 hours at Punta Rassa Boat Ramp?  Yes, but permission is required.

Can I put my trailer and vehicle in separate parking spaces?  No. Trailers must be connected to the tow vehicle.

Can I fly my drone in Lee County Parks?  Yes, but only in accordance with federal and state law.  The following resources may be informative: knowbeforeyoufly.orgFAA Regulations Part 107 and Florida State Statutes Section 330.41, 330.411, and 934.50.

Sports FAQ

Do you have Pickleball? YES! Indoor Pickleball is offered at various times at the Estero Recreation Center, Matlacha Community Center, North Fort Myers Recreation Center and Wa-Ke Hatchee Recreation Center. We also have outdoor courts at many parks throughout the county.

How do I sign my child up for youth sports? All youth leagues run independently of Lee County, and the respective leagues handle registration. Please contact your local league for details, see View Youth Sports Contacts.

Does LCPR have adult leagues?  No. Contact the YMCA at 239-275-9622 if interested in softball or flag football.

What's the deal with the stadiums in Lee County? Lee County is home to spring training for two major league baseball teams which are hosted in Parks & Recreation Stadiums. Get more Twins & Red Sox Spring Training Info.

Beaches FAQ

Do you allow weddings on the beach? Yes, as long as you follow these rules/regulations (Parks Ordinance 18-12). You do not need a permit for a beach wedding, but please know that fires of any kind as well as throwing rice/pedals is not allowed. 

Is there a limit to the number of people in our party/group at the beach? No, as long as your group does not impede enjoyment of the park to others. 

What are the beach hours?  Most of our beaches are open from 7 a.m. to dusk.

Can I have a tent, chairs, etc. at my event on the beach? Yes. Chairs are ok.  Tents up to 10' x 10' are allowed, as long as they can be easily removed and are free-standing. Nothing can be tied to vegetation or other structures. 

Can I have a fire on the beach?  No. Fire (bonfires, candles, torches) as well as other potentially damaging items (petals, rice, etc.)  are not permitted on the beach. This is to protect our environment and the fragile beach ecosystem. 

Can I have a DJ/music at my event on the beach? Yes, with limitations. One small speaker stereo or acoustic guitar is permitted. No public announcement(PA) systems or loud music is allowed.

Can I restrict who is allowed near my beach wedding?  No. All beaches are open to the public. You may have beachgoers watching, but will respect your moment and do so from afar.

What if it rains the day of my beach wedding?  It is a very special day. Have a backup plan.

Do I need a FL marriage license if I'm from out-of-state?  Yes. Visit the Lee County Clerk of Court for more info.

Can I reserve a shelter/pavilion/picnic area on the beach?  No. On the beach, they are all first-come, first-serve.

Can I bring food/drink to the beach?  Yes, but no alcohol and no glass.  Alcoholic beverages is not allowed at LCPR parks/beaches. At certain parks, catering companies may have limited access.

Where can my party/group find parking at the beach?  Parking at the beach is very limited in some areas and is completely first-come, first-serve.  All parking lots have an hourly fee for parking.  Consider parking at Summerlin Square and taking the LeeTran beach trolley.  Click here for the beach trolley schedule. 

Does LCPR have beach wheelchairs?  No, but check out these local resources:

  1. Lover's Key State Park - the Park provides them free of charge at their beach only, call 239-463-4588.
  2. Sanibel Island - Sanibel Island Police Department (239) 472-3111 or Billy's Bike Rental will provide them. 
  3. Fort Myers Beach - Fun Rental, call (239) 463-8844.
  4. Downtown Fort Myers - Scooters Plus, call (239) 337-1773.

Can I take my dog to the beach?  Yes, but only at Dog Beach, off State Road 865, south of Lovers Key State Park.

Can I camp on the beach?  No, camping is not allowed at any Parks & Recreation beach. Our only campground is at Caloosahatchee Regional Park.

Pools FAQ

How do I get a pool pass?  The best way is to buy one online

Are your pools ADA accessible? Yes! all of our year-round pools are accessible and include a chair-lift.

Contacts for other Parks & Recreation Organizations 

Cape Coral Parks & Recreation - (239) 573-3128

Fort Myers Parks & Recreation - (239) 321-7530

Franklin Locks - (239) 694-2582

Florida State Parks - (239) 964-0375

Learn More About

Cost-Benefit Analysis & Economic Impact Reports