The work completed to date through Task 5 has identified a set of roadway improvements needed within the study area by the presumed buildout date of the four developments of 2026. The needed improvements were segregated into those needed even without the four developments moving forward, and those needed because of the added traffic from the four developments. The latter category is the basis for calculating the proportionate share obligation of the four developments toward road improvements.
Lee County is working to establish the proportionate share of infrastructure-improvement costs that new development within the overlay will pay. This will be an important funding source – one of many – for the infrastructure improvements for this area. As part of development agreements, the four developments are responsible for payment of a proportionate share of the total cost of improvements are needed with these projects. State law does not permit assessment of a proportionate share for needed improvements without the development. Proportionate share calculation is based on the development agreements and the formula and methodology outlined in Lee County Administrative Code AC-13-16. The proportionate share for WildBlue and The Place At Corkscrew are capped at road impact fees plus $1,600 per residential dwelling unit. Pepperland Ranch does not have a proportionate share cap. The Verdana development agreement is under negotiation.
Without Overlay Subdivisions
- I-75 8-laning from Bonita Beach Road to Alico Road (FDOT is programming a PD&E study)
- Corkscrew Road 6-laning from Three Oaks Parkway to Ben Hill Griffin Parkway
- 4-laning from Ben Hill Griffin Parkway to Grande Oak Way (Grandezza entrance)
- Alico Road 8-laning from Three Oaks Parkway to I-75
- SR 82 8-laning from Daniels Parkway to SW 40th Street
With Overlay Subdivisions (basis for proportionate share calculations)
- Alico Road 4-laning from Airport Haul Road to Wildblue Entrance
- Corkscrew Road 6-laning from Ben Hill Griffin Parkway to Grande Oak Way
- 4-laning from Grande Oak Way to Alico Road