Identifying Illicit Discharges
The discharge of any pollutant into a waterway, or a system connected to that waterway, is called an illicit discharge. Illicit discharges are prohibited by the Lee County Land Development Code, Chapter 14, and such actions may result in enforcement.
Pollutants may come from a number of sources:
- Construction site discharges (dirt)
- Industrial/Commercial facility discharges
- Septic system failures
- Gray water discharges (washing machine, sinks, etc.)
- Improper use of fertilizer/herbicide/pesticide
- Any pollutant left outside that may be carried off by stormwater
Reporting Illicit Discharges
Please report any pollutants you may see entering our waterways! Call 239-533-9400 for the Request for Action line or email email@example.com.