LeeWay COVID-19 Update
The LeeWay Service Center will close its lobby to the public at 1366 Colonial Blvd., Fort Myers, effective Thursday, March 19.
- Cash toll payments will be suspended on toll bridges beginning Wednesday, March 18 at 6am, for 30 days.
- Motorists without a toll transponder will be billed for tolls via
Toll-by-Plate; motorists will not be charged any service fee.
staff will continue to offer customer service through the 24-hour drop box
outside the LeeWay entrance, via U.S. mail, phone and fax.
LeeWay Toll-by-Plate (Cashless) FAQs:
How does Toll-by-Plate (cashless) work?
There is no stopping in the lanes. If you were going to pay
cash, you will proceed through any open lane, an image will be captured
of your plate, and a notice will be mailed to the address from your
How much will the notice be?
The notice will be for the toll amount only. No admin fees will be assessed during the cashless collection time period.
The press states that this will be in effect for 30 days, is this true?
The current situation is fluid and changes daily. If there is
an extension to this time period, the public will be notified.
How long do I have to wait to make payment after I cross?
A notice is generated approximately 10 days after the crossing occurs.
Will it cost me extra to pay a cashless toll notice?
No. There is not a cost associated with paying with your credit card either online or over the phone.
Can I pay cash at the LeeWay Service Center?
Yes. You can pay with cash by placing an exact cash payment in an
envelope and depositing it in the secure payment drop box located at the
LeeWay Service Center (1366 Colonial Blvd., Fort Myers, FL 33907). LeeWay does have envelopes available for use at
this same location. Please indicate on the envelope the license plate
number the payment is for.
I don’t have a transponder, can I use the transponder lanes during this time or should I continue to use the booth lanes?
Yes. During the cashless toll collection time period, you may utilize any open lane in the toll plaza.
I have a rental vehicle and did not pay extra for the toll option. Will my rental company charge me a fee?
Please contact your rental agent.
I have a motorcycle but my notice shows $2.00 for each crossing.
You should contact LeeWay by phone to make payment. The amount
due will be adjusted to reflect $1.00 per motorcycle crossing.
Simple, Quick and Convenient
The best way to pay tolls in Lee County is with a LeeWay transponder. LeeWay reduces your wait in the toll lane and is the only way to get a discount program for the toll bridges. LeeWay does not cost more to use and allows you to move through the toll plaza without having to fumble for change while rolling down your window.
LeeWay is electronic toll collection for three locations in Lee County:
- Cape Coral Bridge
- Midpoint Memorial Bridge
- Sanibel Causeway
In addition, LeeWay customers can use the LeeWay transponder in Florida, Georgia and North Carolina at facilities run by:
- Florida Department of Transportation Turnpike system (SunPass)
- Central Florida Expressway Authority (E-Pass)
- Miami Dade Expressway Authority (SunPass)
- Tampa Hillsborough Expressway Authority (SunPass)
- North Carolina Triangle Expressway (Quick Pass)
- Georgia State Road & Tollway Authority (Peach Pass)
The Toll Facilities Division provides safe and efficient operations of the Cape Coral, Midpoint Memorial and Sanibel Toll Facilities and bridges. Toll Facilities provides cash toll collection and electronic toll collection through the issuance of transponders at the Leeway Service Center.
Electronic Toll Collection
- Distribute and maintain approximately 100,000 Leeway transponders in over 65,000 Leeway customer accounts.
- Sell annual and semi-annual Leeway discount programs for frequent bridge users.
- Manage Toll Collection System software performance and upgrades.
- Perform routine Toll Violation Enforcement on Lee County Toll Facilities.
- Maintain interoperability with other state toll agencies.
Operations and Maintenance
- Process traffic safely and efficiently through Lee County Toll Facilities.
- Perform routine maintenance and repair of toll equipment at all three toll facilities.
- Provide routine facility maintenance and repair of bridges.
- Perform routine ground maintenance of the Cape Coral Toll Facility, Midpoint Memorial Toll Facility and Sanibel Causeway.
- Collect tolls mandated by Transportation Facilities Revenue Bonds, County Resolutions and Ordinances at the Cape Coral Bridge, Midpoint Memorial Bridge, and the Sanibel Causeway.
- Secure and audit revenue collected at the three toll facilities and the Leeway Service Center.
LeeWay Service Center
1366 Colonial Boulevard
Fort Myers, Florida 33907
Monday: 8:00 a.m. -- 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday--Friday: 8:30 a.m. -- 5:30 p.m.
Phone: 239-533-9297 Fax: 239-278-7854