Lee County BoCC Government Service Updates
Lee County is currently monitoring the situation and will share more information as it is available.
Lee County Closes Some Sites, Suspends Most Public Meetings
The majority of public lobbies in county-owned buildings are closed.
The exception is the County Administration Lobby is open with an information table for the Lee Clerk of Court's Office to assist with remote services. No staff are in the main lobby area.
- The community pet pantry is offering pick-ups by appointment only. Please call (239) 533-7387 to schedule.
- Adoptions and fostering are suspended at this time, as a minimum number of animals remain due to the community response. Staff will continue to feed and clean the shelter.
Animal Services clinic will restrict work to emergency procedures only as of Wednesday, March 18.
- Animal Control Officers will continue to respond to emergency calls as of Wednesday, March 18.
- 5th Annual Flip this Kennel event has been postponed.
- Call (239) 533-7387 with any questions.
Community Development (Building Permits)
- Public Works lobby is closed to the public as of Monday March 23
- Building inspections will continue but staff will not conduct physical inspections of occupied structures; protocols are in place to handle them remotely.
Human and Veteran Services
- Human and Veteran Services lobby is closed as of Wednesday, March 18.
Client services will be provided by phone and internet.
- All Libraries are closed as of Wednesday, March 18.
Library system book-return sites will close at all locations as of Thursday March 26.
- Due dates for all physical items have been extended and requested materials will be held at library locations until they reopen.
- There will be no fines charged for days the libraries are closed.
Library card expiration dates have been extended to ensure access to online services available at
- Telephone Reference staff are available to provide assistance Monday through Friday from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. by calling (239) 533-4636.
- Downloadable books, streaming video and other online content is available 24/7 at
- The Downtown River District GOLD Line will suspend service beginning March 26.
- LeeTran has waived all fares effective Saturday, March 21.
- The beach trolley and tram service suspended as of March 19.
- LeeTran's Headquarters closed to the public.
- Rosa Parks Transportation Center Lobby is closed until further notice. The lobby will open intermittently throughout the day only for Greyhound ticket counter needs.
- Applications and reservations for ADA (Passport) service will be conducted over the phone by calling (239) 533-0300.
More LeeTran information
Parks & Recreation
- Playgrounds and Pavilions at all Lee County Parks and Preserves are closed effective Wednesday, March 25.
- Parking fees at all boat ramps and parks are waived effective Tuesday, March 24.
- County-owned beaches, beach accesses, and the Fort Myers Beach Pier closed as of Thursday, March 19.
- Recreation Centers, Pools, Dog Parks, Athletic Spaces, Tennis Courts and Pickleball Courts are closed as of Wednesday, March 18.
- Programs, Organized Sports and Rentals are cancelled as of Wednesday, March 18.
- Parks and most preserves remain open except for Beach Parks, San Carlos Bay-Bunche Beach, and Matanzas Pass Preserve which are closed.
- The public is encouraged to practice Social Distancing.
Learn more about Social Distancing.
- The Topaz Court Household Chemical Waste Facility is closed until further notice.
- As a safety precaution, cash payments are discouraged at any of the Solid Waste facilities. Please be prepared to use a credit or debit card for payment.
- The business hazardous waste collection scheduled for Wednesday, March 25 has been canceled.
Special Event Permits
Special Event permits for public gatherings of greater than 1,000 people that require County approval will not be issued for the next 30 days.
Events using County property willl not be permitted for the next 30 days.
Building permits are not currently impacted.
- The Utilities Lobby located at 7391 College Parkway is closed as of Wednesday, March 18.
- Drive-by and Drop-off Services will be available. Online and phone services will continue to be available.
Tolls / Transportation
- In-person toll operation will stop as of Wednesday, March 18.
- Collections will take place via Transponder and Toll-by-Plate.
- Effective March 19, LeeWay Service Center closed to the public
- Customer service will be offered through a 24-hour drop box at the LeeWay Service Center, mail & fax.
- Have questions? Call (239) 533-9297
The Big Carlos Pass Bridge Project Development & Environment Study Public Hearing that was scheduled for Thursday, March 19, has been postponed to a yet-to-be-determined date. Interested parties, stakeholders and the public will receive notification when the hearing is rescheduled.
- Public Safety will continue to function normally.
Lee County School District
Public Schools and Charter Schools closures extended until April 15th.
Virtual learning / online instruction will begin on Monday, March 30, 2020.
Learn more at the Lee County School District
- Visit your institutions website to learn more about cancellations or elearning opportunities.
Lee County Clerk of Court
- Most services and court sessions in the Lee County Justice Center have been interrupted or postponed except limited critical operations. Please refer to the Twentieth Judicial Circuit
Administrative Order 2.39. For all Clerk court-related services, please call the Clerk of Court at (239) 533-5000 prior to visiting the building or visit
- Customer service counters are limiting public access.
- Lobbies are open to drop off documents.
- Legal-aid appointments have been suspended.
- Passport services have been suspended.
- Wedding ceremonies have been suspened.
- Marriage licenses will beprovided if wedding is in the next 60 days.Process must be started
online and a call made to schdule an appointmet to pick up the license.
- Small claims cases for the next 8 weeks are canceled and will be rescheduled.
- Jury duty cancelled through April 17. (updated 3/25)
- Recording documents may be dropped off. Payments can be be made over the phone or mail.
- Court filing due dates have been extended 60 days
Lee County Tax Collector
Lee County Elections
- Check with the
Lee County Election's website for service updates.
- Cape Coral and South Fort Myers branch offices are closed.
- The main office on Thompson street in Fort Myers will remain open, services available by appointment only.
Lee County Sheriff
Information and Resources
The Florida Health Call Center is available 24/7. 1-866-779-6121
The Governor's office has activated a Business Damage Assessment to assess the impact of COVID-19 on Florida's local business operations. The responses will be evaluated by the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity to learn more about how the virus has impacted the local economy and implement actions for relief.
If you have questions regarding the status of private events presented by Lee County non-profits, clubs or religious services in Lee County due to COVID-19 please contact those organizations directly via their web page or phone for the most current and accurate status.