The Calusa Kids Race Team gives young paddlers the opportunity to earn points and prizes for participating in paddle races and activities throughout Florida. Participation is easy and free. Just get registered and start racing. After earning 100 points, we’ll send you an official Calusa Kids Race shirt and goody bag.
The purpose of the Calusa Kids Race Team program is to get young paddlers involved with competitive paddling. At this time, there are no team practices or events organized specifically for the Calusa Kids Race Team. To find local events, please visit
Calusa Kids Race Team Rules
- Paddler must register with Calusa Blueway prior to acquiring points and participation. Contact
- Calusa Kids Race Team participants must be 17 years of age or under.
- Participants must be Lee County residents.
- Paddlers can participate in any organized race which is posted / advertised and open to the general public.
- The race does not have to be in Lee County or even Florida.
- Participants can paddle with a parent or adult partner while racing, but they must be registered as a tandem team.
- 100 total points must be earned by paddler to receive shirt and gift bag.
- 10 points per race participation
- 5 points for 1st -3rd placement within class
- 5 points per organized time trial
- Additional points may be given for other organized paddle related activities. Please contact
Mike Hammond with questions.