- Follow family or parent rules when playing online games and using the internet.
- Never use the internet to spread gossip, bully or hurt someone's reputation.
- If something or someone is sharing information online that's causing uncomfortable feelings, do not respond, delete a post and, most importantly, tell a trusted adult.
- Post only what feels comfortable for the whole world to see, including parents and teachers.
- Never meet in person with an online stranger.
- Do not share personal information such as a birth name, address, phone number, financial information, school name, passwords or other private information.
Minimum Age Requirements for Popular Social Media Sites:
- Snapchat – 13 years old
- Instagram – 13 years old
- Twitter – 13 years old
- Facebook – 13 years old
These are just a few of the many social networking sites out there and minimum age requirements differ.
Other stay safe information: