Please be advised that the 2010 Lee County Value Adjustment Board will convene on the 10th day of June, 2010 at 10:00 a.m., and continuing thereafter until completed, in the Lee Room, Lee County Courthouse, 2120 Main Street, Fort Myers, Florida, to consider those matters, pursuant to Florida Statutes, Chapter 194, as to the following purposes:
1. Hearing petitions relating to assessments filed pursuant to Florida Statute 194.011(3).
2. Hearing complaints relating to homestead exemptions as provided for in Florida Statutes 196.151 (Homestead Exemptions).
3. Hearing appeals from exemptions denied or disputes arising from exemptions granted upon the filing of exemption applications under Florida Statutes 196.011.
4. Hearing appeals concerning ad valorem tax deferrals and classifications.
5. Hearing appeals concerning homestead assessments as provided for in Florida Statutes 193.155.
Said petitions, complaints and appeals may be referred to hearings conducted by Special Magistrates at the Constitutional Officers Complex, 2480 Thompson Street, Fort Myers, Florida; or at other designated locations as needed.
This meeting is open to the public, and interested citizens are invited to attend, however, no input will be taken and no decisions concerning Special Magistrate recommendations will be made by the Board at the meeting.
If a person decides to appeal a decision made by the Lee County Value Adjustment Board with respect to any matter considered at this meeting, a record of the proceeding will be needed for such purpose, and such person will need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceeding is made, to include the testimony and evidence upon which any such appeal is to be based.
If you have a disability that will require assistance or accommodations for your attendance at this meeting, please contact the Value Adjustment Board Clerk at (239) 553-2328.
The Value Adjustment Board may discuss other related issues in addition to the above matters at the suggestion or request of the Chairman or members prior to or during the meeting.
PLEASE GOVERN YOURSELF ACCORDINGLY.