​​​​​​​Unsafe Buildings

To report an unsafe building violation call 239-533-5499 Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. or email inspections@leegov.com.

Minimum Housing

In order for our inspector to come out and inspect a residence, whomever is on the lease will need to come to our office and bring the following items:

  • ​A Minimum Housing Standards Code Inspection Request​​​, which must be signed by the tenant and notarized. This form gives our inspectors permission onto the property.
  • Your signed lease agreement or two most recent rent receipts.
  • Utility bill or some type of mail showing your name associated with that address.
  • Put a letter in writing to your Landlord stating all the issues you are having there.  Before you give the Landlord your letter bring it in to our office so we can make a copy of it for your case file. 
  • Photo Identification (Drivers License or Florida ID Card).
If you have any questions regarding minimum housing, please call 239-533-5499 Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. or email inspections@leegov.com​.