​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Printer Fri​endly Version​

COMPLET​​ED APPLICATION - Get the application


  • Three (3) copies of the blocking and anchor details and skirting details if applicable.

​PLOT/SITE PLAN (See last page of printer friendly version for example)

  • Three (3) copies of a plot/site plan drawn to scale (1/8" = 1', 1" = 10', 1" = 20', 1" = 30', 1" = 60') on 8.5" x 11" paper (or larger), and the scale must be indicated.​

  • The following items must be on your plot/site plan:
    1. All four lot corners, lot lines and dimensions.
    2. Location and name of streets or drives bordering the lot.
    3. If there is a water body within 25 feet of your project, indicate the mean high tide line or the edge of water and label the type of water body (for example: lake, creek, canal, river, Gulf).
    4. The size of the mobile home/recreational vehicle; the location of driveways; and the location of all easements on the lot. Stairs, landings, porches (including factory built), bay windows must be shown.
    5. Setbacks of the mobile home/recreational vehicle (and any existing or proposed additions thereto) from the four lot lines and existing structures. Setbacks must be taken from the closest point of the building to the closest point of the property line. Roof lines are not allowed to encroach into or over easements.
    6. The plans must show the roof line as well as the foundation.​

If you have questions regarding your required setbacks you may contact our office at 239-533-8329 (option 1). 



To determine whether your property is within a flood zone, call Zoning Review at 239-533-8597 (option 5) and provide them with the STRAP number of the property. If they can not verify what flood zone the property is located in, a certified sealed survey indicating the flood requirement for the zone and existing elevation of grade must be submitted with the application.

If the mobile home/recreational vehicle must be elevated four (4) feet or more, the contractor has the option of using mastered 36-inch engineered reinforced piers OR meeting the base flood elevation with conventional concrete blocking.

If using conventional concrete blocking, the floor elevation must be verified by a registered surveyor after the mobile home\recreational vehicle has been set in place. It will be necessary to submit the elevation certificate, with the building permit number, to the Inspections Office which is located at 1825 Hendry St., Ft. Myers; phone 239-533-5801.

A final inspection must be requested when the mobile home\recreational vehicle is tied down and all pertinent sub work has been completed and inspected.


If the mobile home\recreational vehicle is located on private or public water and sewer, a letter must be submitted from the appropriate utility company verifying availability to the site at the time of submittal of application.


If the mobile home​/recreational vehicle is located on a septic system, applicant must apply for his septic permit at the Health Department prior to the submittal of the building permit. A copy of the paid receipt is required at the time of submittal of the building permit. If septic is existing, you will need a letter from the Health Department stating it will be sufficient for size of dwelling at the time of submittal. The Health Department is located at 2295 Victoria Ave., Fort Myers; phone 239-690-2100.

WELL (Mob​ile Homes Only)

If property requires a well, a well affidavit must be submitted at time of application of building permit. The well permit must be obtained and inspection finaled before Certificate of Occupancy. If the well is existing, a letter from Natural Resources will be required at time of application stating compliance. Natural Resources is located at 1500 Monroe St., Fort Myers; phone 239-533-8114.


An owner applying for a mobile home/RV tie down permit must also submit a Mobile Home Owner Affidavit​, listing the mobile home dealer/installer who will be installing the mobile home/RV.


A completed impact letter must be submitted at time of application. 


​Admin Fee​$2 min. or 1.5 percent of permit fee
​Radon Fee​$2 min. or 1 percent of permit fee
​Electrical (if applicable)​$75
​Impact Fees​from Land Development Code
Mobile Home/RV Tie Down​​$150
Plan Review​​$50
​Plumbing (if applicable)​$75 min.
​Zoning Review​$25

R​eview all fees associated to permit​​ting​


You must call for inspections at 239-533-8997


No refund on permits of $50 or less (unless issued in error by the County) or if work has commenced or if permit has expired. There is no refund on any plan review fee. Allowed refunds will be at 75% of the permit fee.


When an inspection has failed, a fee will be charged for all recalls and turn-downs. Click here to review our fee schedule.​ Fees can be paid online or by phone at 239-533-8997, press the " * " key."​


REJECTED PLANS: Plans will be rejected if all required paper work is not complete. Customer will be notified in writing or by fax. The customer will come back to the office to pick-up the reject plans.

CHANGES TO THE APPROVED PLANS: Any filed changes of outlets or fixtures, non-structural or structural changes must be submitted to the  Information Desk for processing. If the original plans were sealed by an architect or engineer, the revisions must also be  sealed. These must be  submitted in plan form of three (3) copies and approved, prior to commencement of work.

POSTING THE PERMIT: Permits must be posted at eye-level, visible from the road and protected from the weather. There must also be a set of the approved plans on the job at time of inspections.

CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY: The building may not be occupied until the final inspection has been completed and a Certificate of Occupancy is issued, at which time the power company will be notified to connect permanent power. Violators will be cited and temporary power will be disconnected.  


 ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Printer Fri​endly Version of Procedures