LEE COUNTY NOTICE OF INTENT TO ENACT A COUNTY ORDINANCE
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that on Tuesday, the 14th day of September 2010, at 9:30 a.m., or as soon thereafter as may be heard, in the County Commissioners' Meeting Room, Old Lee County Courthouse, 2120 Main Street, Fort Myers, Florida, the Board of County Commissioners of Lee County, Florida, will consider the enactment of a County Ordinance pursuant to Article VIII, Section 1, of the Florida Constitution and Chapter 125, Florida Statutes. The title of the proposed County Ordinance is as follows:
AN ORDINANCE FURTHER AMENDING LEE COUNTY ORDINANCES NO. 07-28, WHICH LEVIED, IMPOSED AND SET A THREE PERCENT (3%) TOURIST DEVELOPMENT TAX AND AN ADDITIONAL TWO PERCENT (2%) TOURIST DEVELOPMENT TAX AS AUTHORIZED BY 125.0104(3)(L) AND 125.0104(3)(N), FLORIDA STATUTES; AND NO. 09-01 WHICH PROVIDED FOR A ONE-TIME TRANSFER OF REVENUE FROM THE BEACH AND SHORELINE TRUST FUND; AMENDING SECTION FIVE PARAGRAPH D PROVIDING FOR ADDRESSING COUNTY REVENUES TO MEET DEBT SERVICE FOR ISSUED BONDS; PROVIDING FOR CONFLICTS OF LAW; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY; AND PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
1. Copies of this Notice and the proposed Ordinance are on file in the Minutes Office of the Clerk of Courts of Lee County. The public may inspect or copy the proposed Ordinance during regular business hours at the Office of Public Resources. The Minutes Office and Public Resources are located in the Courthouse Administration Building, 2115 Second Street, Fort Myers, Florida. Public Resources is located on the first floor and the Minutes Office is located on the second floor of the Courthouse Administration Building.
2. Interested parties may appear at the meeting in person or through counsel, and be heard with respect to the adoption of the proposed Ordinance.
3. Anyone wishing to appeal the decision(s) made by the Board with respect to any matter considered at this meeting, will need a record of the proceedings for such appeal, and may need a verbatim record, to include all testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.
4. The Ordinance will take effect upon its filing with the Office of the Secretary of the Florida Department of State, or as may be otherwise prescribed in the Ordinance.
5. If you have a disability that will require special assistance or accommodations for your attendance at the public hearing, please call the Lee County Division of Public Resources at 533-2737 for information.
PLEASE GOVERN YOURSELF ACCORDINGLY.
The text of this Notice is in conformance with Section 125.66, Florida Statutes (2009), and other relevant sections of Florida law.
BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
OF LEE COUNTY, FLORIDA